We are like a bunch of excited little grommies here behind the scenes, working hard to bring you the best 3 days of non-competitive surf events & ocean inspired artistic experiences / environmental workshops that we can possibly jam in to February 24, 25 and 26.
So do yourself a favour - clear your schedule that weekend, grab ya togs, ya boardies, boards & good vibes & come stoke in the surf with some new mates.
When you’ve had enough of the froth, kick back on Byron Bay’s beautiful beaches for board swaps & demos; park yourself under a tipi to shop ‘n eat ‘n do some yoga (probably not in that order); meet some salty sea loving artists and admire their work; soak in some sunset surf cinema; hit the surf shops & pubs for some pumping parties; and drop by the theatres to hear some inspirational environmental talks. BBSF 2017 - it's good fun, good for you AND good for the earth!
BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW FOR SELECT EVENTS!
While most events are FREE and we welcome all with open arms,
some of our headliner events are ticketed and have very limited numbers.
So be "sun smart" and book your tickets NOW from the 'Buy Tickets' tab above.
Event highlights include:
- SURF CULTURE NOW ART SHOW - a highly influential gathering of local and international surf artists showing off their latest collections.
- SUNSET CINEMA - A traditional indigenous welcome followed by Hawaiian music by Paula Fuga sets at our outdoor beachside screening of our feature surf film.
- SURF ART MARKET & TIPI POP-UPS - The Byron Foreshore will come alive with markets, featuring designers, shapers, yogis, artisans, films, fashion, presentations, and live music.
- GRASSROOTS ACTIVISTS - Hosted by Patagonia ambassador Dave Rastovich, this workshop recognises the important work small groups do in the area and will motivate you to take action.
- SATURDAY SLIDE - The festival's flagship event! A night full of incredible talent headlined by G.LOVE and Special Sauce. Between sets celebrate Jack McCoy's 25 year film anniversary featuring clips from his famous surf films.
- FREESTYLE & STOKE - This is a non competitive surf day open to young and old is all about the pure stoke of freestyling your own way across the waves on a surf craft of your choice.
- HUNTERS & COLLECTORS - this show and demo will feature hundreds of boards from Australian, Japanese, Californian and Hawaiian shapers that you can peruse, try or buy.
The calibre and amount of talent we have involved in this year's festival is beyond amazing!
Some of our guests include Jack McCoy, Ozzie Wright, Thomas Bexon, Lauren Hill, G. Love and special sauce, Bob McTavish, Andrew Kidman, Otis Carey, Byran Bates, Chris Garret, James McMillan, Dead Kooks, Dave Rastovich, Josh Rufford, Ming Nomchong and so many more!
They will be showcasing artwork, chiming in on panels, presenting short films, shaping boards and sharing their love for surf culture and it's community. Make sure you check out the events they are affiliated with and pencil it in so you don't miss out!
Oh and hey, Business People: Ever wanted to have a tipi? Have a brand or new label you are launching? We still have Tipis available in our Surf/Art Market on the Byron beach front on Feb 25! Check our website for more information regarding these bad boys or email firstname.lastname@example.org